Effective Date: June 16, 2020
OncoBay Clinical, Inc. (“OncoBay,” “we” and “us”) recognizes the importance of protecting the privacy of Personal Data that we collect in online and offline formats through the Services.
BY PROVIDING YOUR PERSONAL DATA TO ONCOBAY OR OTHERWISE USING OUR SERVICES, YOU AGREE TO THE TERMS OF THIS PRIVACY NOTICE AND TO THE TRANSFER AND PROCESSING OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA IN THE UNITED STATES.
Scope and Definitions
This Privacy Notice covers the Personal Data we collect through our provision of the Services. Please note that this Privacy Notice does not apply to OncoBay’s processing of Personal Data of clinical trial participants in connection with clinical trials for which OncoBay provides services. Clinical trial participants should refer to the notice provided at the time of enrollment in the clinical trial for more information regarding the processing of their Personal Data. In addition, this Privacy Notice does not apply to OncoBay’s processing of employee Personal Data.
When we use the term “Personal Data,” we mean data that reasonably can be used to identify a living person or that reasonably relates to a living person (a “Data Subject”).
When we use the term “Services,” we mean to refer collectively to:
- The websites and any others owned and controlled by us that link to this Privacy Notice (“Sites”);
- Management of our investigator database through which we contact potential investigators regarding potential clinical trial activities;
- Our marketing and business development activities, including events we host (such as webinars) and social media properties we operate (“Marketing Activities”); and
- Employee application processes (“Application Activities”).
- Clinical trial operations including monitoring and data review
- Partnerships to drive patient trial awareness
The Data Subjects we receive Personal Data from in providing the Services are:
- Representatives of potential clients;
- Clinical researchers;
- Service providers, contractors and consultants;
- Job applicants; and
- Other individuals who interact directly with OncoBay or its business partners.
If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
OncoBay may provide additional privacy notices to individuals at the time we collect their data. In these situations, this type of an “in-time” notice will govern how we may process the information you provide at that time instead of this Privacy Notice.
What Personal Data We Collect
In connection with the Services, we collect:
- Identification information including name, profession, email address, zip code and telephone number;
- Contact information including address and e-mail address, zip code and phone number;
- Professional and employment information including CV/resume details, professional and academic history, institutions or study sites with whom the data subject has conducted clinical trials, credentials, designations, licenses and personnel files;
- Service data including information on requests made, browser or device you use to access our website, your IP address, Cookie preferences, and interactions with our Services;
- Marketing preferences including any consents you have given us; and
How We Collect Personal Data
We collect these Personal Data in various ways, including:
- Directly from the Data Subject including from users of the Services when you voluntarily submit information, when you register for events we host, sponsor, or attend, when you apply for a job, send us an email, other correspondence or complete a form in connection with our Services;
- Indirectly from other sources including from service providers and business partners that identify potential employment candidates, prospective business partners, or that coordinate events and programs for the Application Activities and Marketing Activities;
- Publicly available sources including from social media platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram and other publicly available databases;and
How We Use Personal Data
We use Personal Data for a variety of business purposes. These purposes include:
- managing, operating and growing our business, and administering the Services, including through the use of third party service providers;
- complying with legal or regulatory obligations;
- developing new resources and services;
- processing and considering applications for employment, including evaluating and confirming your suitability for a position and accuracy of any information submitted;
- communicating with you to respond to your inquiries and to provide technical or administrative support;
- conducting Marketing Activities, communicating updates, invitations and other information that we believe may be of interest to you;
- investigating and resolving disputes and security issues;
- preventing, investigating and providing notice of fraud, unlawful or criminal activity, unauthorized access to or use of Personal Data, the website or our data systems, and to meet legal, regulatory, judicial and company policy obligations; and
- for any other lawful, legitimate business purposes.
How We Share Personal Data
- Service Providers. We share Personal Data with third-party service providers who perform services on our behalf, such as contract research organization partners and third-party vendors, recruiters, background check providers, event coordinators, market research providers, technology providers (including technology support providers, email communications providers and web developers) or those providers assisting with the Services.
- Regulatory, Legal Process, Safety and Terms Enforcement. We may also disclose Personal Data to third parties in connection with claims, disputes or litigation, when otherwise required by law, or if we determine its disclosure is necessary to protect the health and safety of you or us, to protect against fraud or credit risk, or to enforce our legal rights or contractual commitments that you have made.
- Business Transfers. We may disclose Personal Data as part of a corporate business transaction, such as a merger, acquisition, joint venture, financing, or sale of company assets and may transfer Personal Data to a third party as one of the business assets in such a transaction. Personal Data may also be disclosed in the event of insolvency, bankruptcy, or receivership.
Managing Communication Preferences
If you have signed up to receive information from us (or where permitted by law, if you have provided us or we have obtained your contact information), we may send you email messages, direct mail information, push notifications, or other communications regarding products or services depending on the method of communication selected. You may ask us not to do so when you access our Services or change your preferences by updating any accounts you have with us. At any time, you may elect to discontinue receiving commercial messages from us by following the unsubscribe instructions in the form of the communication you received or by submitting an opt-out request to the contact information set forth in the Contact Us section below. Please note, however, that potential investigators who wish to participate in our investigator database will be unable to opt out of marketing communications because we will otherwise be unable to contact regarding future potential studies.
- Emails: To opt out of receiving marketing communications via email, please click on the unsubscribe link at the bottom of the email that was sent to you or submit an opt-out request to the contact information set forth in the Contact Us section below. Please note that you may continue to receive certain transactional or account-related electronic messages from us.
- Printed Materials: To opt out of receiving printed marketing materials at your postal address, such as advertisements, flyers, or postcards, please submit an opt-out request to the contact information set forth in the Contact Us section below. Please be sure to include your name and mailing address exactly as they appear on the printed marketing materials you received.
Our Sites are not intended for, or directed to, children under the age of 13. We do not knowingly receive Personal Data from children under the age of 13. If you are under the age of 13, do not provide us with any Personal Data either directly, through any website forums, or by any other means. If you become aware that your child has provided us with Personal Data, please contact us as set forth in the Contact Us section below.
For individuals in the European Economic Area (“EEA”) and the United Kingdom (“UK”), please click here for additional detailed disclosures.
Links to Other Sites
Our Sites contains links to other sites that are not owned or controlled by OncoBay. Please be aware that we are not responsible for the privacy policies of such other sites or how these sites operate or treat your Personal Data. We encourage you to be aware of this when you leave our Sites and to read the privacy policies associated with each of these third party sites that collect personally identifiable information.
Updates to Our Privacy Notice
OncoBay is continually improving and adding new functionality and features to the Services. Because of these ongoing improvements, changes in the law and the changing nature of technology, OncoBay’s data practices will change from time to time. Accordingly, this Privacy Notice is subject to occasional revisions. We will notify you of changes by posting the new Privacy Notice on the Sites and updating the effective date of the Privacy Notice. Such changes to the Privacy Notice will become effective when posted. You acknowledge and agree that it is your responsibility to review this Privacy Notice periodically and become aware of modifications.
If you have any questions about this Privacy Notice or concerns about the way OncoBay processes your Personal Data, or require assistance in managing your privacy choices, please get in touch with us at:
10902 McKinley Drive,
Mail Stop MIOMS 242A
Tampa, Florida 33612